Ashford Hospital provides an adult emergency service that is open daily from 8.00am to 10.00pm. Any cardiac related patients can be admitted 24 hours per day, seven days per week via the Chest Pain Unit. The Emergency Department is staffed by dedicated emergency medical and nursing staff and is complemented by access to on-site radiology and pathology diagnostic services.
To assist we have:
- 24/7 access to leading specialists
- 24/7 access to our nine operating theatres, two angiography suites and procedure room
- A dedicated cardiac operating theatre
- 86 beds for cardiac and critically ill patients
- Medical staff rostered on-site 24/7
- Onsite x-ray, CT, MRI and pathology
- The highest level of private critical care available in South Australia
The Ashford Hospital Emergency Department is unable to accept:
- Major trauma (eg, multiple life threatening injuries sustained in a major car accident including cervical spine)
- Paediatric medicine
- Psychiatric conditions
Medical Consultation Fee
Costs associated with an Emergency Department consultation are not covered by private health funds and a presentation to our Emergency Department will incur an out-of-pocket expense. The fee applies to all attendances, including patients who are admitted to hospital.
If you require an x-ray or blood test as part of your assessment, you will receive a separate invoice from the relevant provider.
Hire of crutches or other medical appliances will be invoiced from the relevant provider.
For further information regarding the fees, or for further information regarding our Emergency Department please phone 08 8375 5205.