Ashford Hospital specialises in the surgical management of orthopaedic (bone and joint) conditions arising from arthritis, trauma and sports injuries. With state-of-the-art technology we have the ability to provide arthoscopic, minimally-invasive and Robotic Surgery.
We have a particular focus on:
- Joint replacement surgery – hip, knee and shoulder
- Upper limb procedures - shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Lower limb procedures – foot and ankle
- Robotic Surgery – available for knee and total hip replacement surgery
Our orthopaedic service includes:
- Over 20 Orthopaedic Surgeons to choose from who operate at Ashford Hospital
- Experienced Orthopaedic Nurses
- Specialised Orthopaedic Physiotherapists
- Dedicated orthopaedic ward
- The highest level of private critical care available in South Australia
- Medical staff rostered on-site 24/7
- Pre operative hip / knee replacement education sessions
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
Our team of professionals provide a multi-disciplinary approach to provide the optimum in healthcare for our patients.
Hip / Knee Replacement Education Sessions
Ashford Hospital hosts monthly hip / knee replacement education sessions that we recommend you attend prior to your surgery. The sessions are presented by an experienced Orthopaedic Nurse and a specialised Orthopaedic Physiotherapist who will outline what to expect when you are having a hip / knee replacement at Ashford Hospital. These sessions will include:
- Pre and post operative care
- Pain management
- Physiotherapy – exercises and mobility
- Expected duration of hospital admission
- Discharge planning and preparation for going home
These sessions are designed specifically for anyone who is booked in for hip / knee replacement surgery but also valuable for those members of the community who are interested in learning more about what a joint replacement procedure entails.
The sessions are held monthly at Ashford Hospital on Thursday afternoons:
- Knee Education Session Classes are held between 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Hip Education Sessions are held between 2.45pm – 3.45pm
The 2020 dates are available here.
Partners are welcome to attend education sessions and light refreshments will be provided.