Ashford Hospital specialises in the surgical management of orthopaedic (bone and joint) conditions arising from arthritis, trauma and sports injuries. With state-of-the-art technology we have the ability to provide arthoscopic, minimally-invasive and Robotic Surgery.
We have a particular focus on:
- Joint replacement surgery – hip, knee and shoulder
- Upper limb procedures - shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- Lower limb procedures – foot and ankle
- Robotic Surgery – available for knee and total hip replacement surgery
Our orthopaedic service includes:
- Over 20 Orthopaedic Surgeons to choose from who operate at Ashford Hospital
- Experienced Orthopaedic Nurses
- Specialised Orthopaedic Physiotherapists
- Dedicated orthopaedic ward
- The highest level of private critical care available in South Australia
- Medical staff rostered on-site 24/7
- Pre operative hip / knee replacement education sessions
- Free Wi-Fi internet access
Our team of professionals provide a multi-disciplinary approach to provide the optimum in healthcare for our patients.
Orthopaedic Patient Education
At Ashford Hospital, we appreciate the importance of patient education. We have a range of orthopaedic patient education videos available online, via our ACHA Health YouTube platform.
Knee Arthroscopy: A guide to recovery
Total Knee Replacement: Information and exercises to help prepare you for surgery
Total Hip Replacement: Information and exercises to help prepare you for surgery
The videos include information regarding:
- How to prepare for your admission
- What to expect during your hospital stay
- Physiotherapy and exercise
- Discharge considerations
We encourage you to view these videos to help you get the best outcome after your surgery.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask your surgeon or pre-admission nurse.