Ashford Hospital Development
INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE, CARING FOR OUR PATIENTS
Ashford Hospital has commenced a $33 million upgrade. The developments include:
- More than doubling in size and upgrade of the Day Procedure Unit from 14 chairs to 30 chairs
- New additional operating theatre and refurbishment of the patient recovery area
- New six bed Chest Pain Clinic
- Refurbishment of patient accommodation and wards
- Refurbishment of main entrance with new cafe, pharmacy and reception
- Significant infrastructure and support services upgrades
The planning for the Ashford Hospital development was extensive and the commencement of the project has created much interest and excitement.
The addition of a new operating theatre and the doubling of the Day Procedure Unit will improve efficiencies and achieve a streamlined patient journey. The refurbishment of patient accommodation will significantly enhance the entire patient experience.
In addition to the expansion of clinical services and improvement of patient facilities the project will also include significant infrastructure upgrades that will assist the ongoing energy security of Ashford Hospital.
The first stage of the project, the upgrades to operating theatre and recovery, commenced on 27 December 2017. These works include:
- Additional operating theatre
- Upgrade to existing operating theatres and recovery
- Theatre furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE)
- Replacement of mechanical services (air conditioning)
- Upgrade to fire systems
The project is progressing to plan with the new additional operating theatre expected to be complete by April 2018.
The development has been planned to ensure that Ashford Hospital will continue to operate as normal during this time. Works will take approximately 18 months to complete.