Ashford Hospital Development
INVESTING IN OUR FUTURE, CARING FOR OUR PATIENTS
Ashford Hospital has commenced a $33 million upgrade. The developments include:
• More than doubling in size and upgrade of the Day Procedure Unit from 14 chairs to 30 chairs
• New additional operating theatre and refurbishment of the patient recovery area
• New six bed Chest Pain Unit
• Refurbishment of patient accommodation and wards
• Refurbishment of main entrance with new cafe, pharmacy and reception
• Significant infrastructure and support services upgrades
The planning for the Ashford Hospital development was extensive and the commencement of the project has created much interest and excitement.
The addition of a new operating theatre and the doubling of the Day Procedure Unit will improve efficiencies and achieve a streamlined patient journey. The refurbishment of patient accommodation will significantly enhance the entire patient experience.
In addition to the expansion of clinical services and improvement of patient facilities the project will also include significant infrastructure upgrades that will assist the ongoing energy security of Ashford Hospital.
The first stage of the project, the upgrades to operating theatre and recovery, commenced on 27 December 2017 and were completed on 31 May 2018. These works included:
• An additional operating theatre
• Upgrades to existing operating theatres and recovery
• Theatre furniture, fixtures and equipment (FFE)
• Replacement of mechanical services (air conditioning)
• Upgrade to fire systems
The next stage of the development commenced on 2 June 2018 and includes:
• Refurbishment of main entrance with a new cafe, pharmacy and reception area
• Creation of new six bed Chest Pain Unit on the first floor
This stage is expected to be complete by the end of September 2018.
During the development project, some of the access corridors will be temporarily closed. If you are visiting the hospital please follow the hospital signage or ask our staff for directions.
The development has been planned to ensure that Ashford Hospital will continue to operate as normal during this time. The comfort of our patients and visitors remains our first priority.
The development project works are expected to take approximately 18 months in total to complete.
The proposed new main entrance includes the relocation of the cafe to a street front position on Marleston Avenue.
The proposed new reception and patient / visitor waiting area will be transformed into a contemporary, fresh and welcoming environment.
The new Day Procedure Unit will more than double its current capacity from 14 chairs to 30 chairs. The proposed facilities will be designed, constructed and technologically integrated to provide enhanced care and support for day patients.
Many of the patient rooms on the first floor will be redesigned and refurbished for optimal use of space and improved patient comfort.