Hip / Knee Replacement Education Sessions
Ashford Hospital hosts monthly hip / knee replacement education sessions that we recommend you attend prior to your surgery. The sessions are presented by an experienced Orthopaedic Nurse and a specialised Orthopaedic Physiotherapist who will outline what to expect when you are having a hip / knee replacement at Ashford Hospital. These sessions will include:
- Pre and post operative care
- Pain management
- Physiotherapy – exercises and mobility
- Expected duration of hospital admission
- Discharge planning and preparation for going home
These sessions are designed specifically for anyone who is booked in for hip / knee replacement surgery but also valuable for those members of the community who are interested in learning more about what a joint replacement procedure entails.
The sessions are held monthly at Ashford Hospital on Thursday afternoons:
- Knee Education Session Classes are held between 1.30pm – 2.45pm
- Hip Education Sessions are held between 3.00pm – 4.00pm
Partners are welcome to attend education sessions and light refreshments will be provided.
Education Session Location:
All sessions are held in The Warehouse, Ashford Hospital.
(The Warehouse is located opposite Ashford Hospital Reception on Marleston Avenue, Ashford)